Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Small town Christmas

So typical! I began to prepare this post three days ago but was interrupted just after I’d gotten the photographs ready – and I haven’t had time to get back to it since. Until now.The good news is that part of the reason I didn’t have time was because I was sewing. I’ll show you what I was sewing, but not in this post.

For this post, I thought I’d show you some scenes from our annual Santa parade. You might laugh. This is a small town, surrounded by lots of other small towns – from populations of 1,600 to 400 – and you might find the floats sort of “basic”, but they have a lot of heart. Those are our friends and neighbours on the floats, all of the adults know who Mr. and Mrs. Claus are because they’ve been doing it for YEARS, and we all have a lot of fun. Plus, the weather co-operated. I thought last year was mild, but this year it felt even warmer! A little bit of snow is nice for setting the mood, but I can live without it. I’ve taken pictures of Christmas parades in temperatures that were so cold they made my fingers stick to my camera (the old days of metal camera bodies – and FILM!), so I’m all for no snow and warm(ish) temperatures.

11Dec4a 11Dec4b 11Dec4c 11Dec4d 11Dec4f 11Dec4g

A blog or two ago (sung to the tune of Jingle Bells), I said that I would be playing my favourite Christmas movies on my laptop because there were more important things playing on the TV out in the living room. So I fired up my laptop this morning – about three hours ago – and got hit with a whack of updates and scheduled scans. They’re still running. No Christmas movies until they’re finished.

Well, back to my sewing machine. Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment