For the past two weeks I’ve been avoiding my Mariners Star quilt by doing other things.Most of which have been turning out less than… stellar. Like the last one, a drawstring pouch. So you aren’t seeing any pictures of them. This boxy pouch, though, that I finished last night – it went together pretty well.
I used a free pattern at So Chick that is apparently not working at the moment. Hopefully it will be again soon. I also used a second similar pattern at Pretty Modern as a backup for things that didn’t seem clear to me in the first pattern. I made some small mistakes – because I have to do everything MY way, but I won’t make them again next time. I was pretty pleased with the way it turned out – the zipper works! and I didn’t have to go back and fiddle with it. The “boxie” technique seemed a little complicated – and that’s where I had to refer to the second pattern – but it turned out boxie. The tabs at either end could have been better. I thought that I followed the instructions, but this is what I got, with fraying edges. I’ll know better next time. I like it!
I want to make myself a lunch bag, so this is the first step. I needed to figure out how to make a boxie design rather than just the usual “tote” design. But the lunch bag is going to have to wait until after Christmas. I think I have some presents that I better get going on. But first, I need to finish that Mariners Star quilt.
I’m not that far from the finish, but every time I make a big design mistake, I need to work out my frustration by making something else, and it takes me a couple of weeks to get back to it. I think we’re there, now.
Until next time,