Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas new moon

11Oct6panel1 Oh, beautiful, beautiful Christmas fabric from Laurel Burch, bless her soul. I bought this panel back in October, but I still haven’t decided what to do with it.

Must be the New Moon tonight at 2 Capricorn. Trines Pluto at 7 Capricorn. Great time for beginning new projects because you’ll work on it until you’re finished.

Been connecting with friends and family tonight via email. I was born and raised in southern Ontario. First I moved to the east coast, then to Alberta, and then to British Columbia. It’s a BIG country, and it’s all so beautiful. But, damn, it’s expensive to fly around it. And it takes days if you have to drive.

So I haven’t seen my family back in Ontario for almost a decade. I see my two brothers often, though, and I see my partner11Dec24babies’s children and grandchildren even more often than that.

My own immediate family are Rusty and Ginger, and we are celebrating our second anniversary tonight. By trying to steal my spools of thread and eat every scrap of fabric they can find that hasn’t been put away. But here’s a picture of them two years ago, huddled under the couch on that first night here.

11Dec24ncdrawing I forgot to show this last post. I made this little needle book as a Christmas present for my best next door neighbour friend, my quilting partner, Judy. It didn’t turn out as beautiful as I wanted it to, but it is what it is. I used needle-turn applique for the flower on the front. The chicken is felt that was cut out with freezer paper. The cord on the back was tacked down and then that butterfly was ironed over 11Dec24ncfront 11Dec24ncback on top of it. I stitched down around the butterfly after I ironed it, just to make sure it would stay down. She loves butterflies. She also loves chickens.

I put extra batting under the chicken to make it into a pin cushion. It’s not the most even needle case that’s been put together, but it’s not the worst, either. It’s just a bit wonky. I could blame it on Rusty and Ginger, but… Who’d believe me?

Wishing you a Merry Christmas from myself, Rusty and Ginger!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment