Friday, January 6, 2012

Roses are red, violets are blue

12Jan6hearts I actually made a couple of Valentines Day-related items this week even though it’s still early January, but I can’t prove it because I gave them away already and forgot to take a picture first. I saw some cute little felt hearts, layered and embroidered, and I had to make some. After all, I’ve got this huge multi-coloured pile of felt that never got used over Christmas…

And all of the Christmas presents I made have finally reached their destinations. Everyone is so impressed with the hand-made aspect of the gift – of course, they are all women, my age. I’m not so sure it would work with a 10 year old boy. So now that Christmas is out of the way, I should clean off my sewing and get back to work on the Mexican Star quilt I was making.

12Jan6cabin Finally finished – as in, put the last stitch into the binding this morning – my little house in the woods. It started off being a door prize at an event last September, but wasn’t completed in time. I think this is the first completed piece that I haven’t given away. Whatever will I do with it? It’s a funny looking piece, 10.5 x 15 inches. For one thing, it’s backwards – the tree is meant to be leaning over the house, but the house and tree are separate pieces, and I was looking at the pattern backwards (lesson: pay attention when paper piecing), so the colours only matched up when I placed them “backwards”. It is what it is. If you’re interested in the free patterns, the cabin and tree can be found here – it’s at the bottom of the page and is called House in the Woods. The crazy geese flying over the scene can be found here and is called Chasing Geese.

I’ve also signed up for SewCalGal’s Free Motion Quilting Challenge (help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi…) I’ve got my practice sandwiches put together, I’ve been drawing the first shape challenge… I just have to find time to do it. Before the end of the month. I’ll let you know how that turns out.

Full Moon on Monday, Jan. 9, exact around 1:30 am Pacific Standard Time at 18 Cancer. Full Moons are notorious for bringing out the crazies, but this one has some beneficial connections that will hopefully make it a more peaceful event than it often is. Use it for some “Me” time and find some quiet, stay-at-home activities on Jan. 8-9. I can think of at least one stay-at-home activity…

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment