Thursday, February 27, 2014

The great experiment

14Feb27Moon I saw this lovely sight in the early Tuesday morning sky as I was on the deck feeding Frankie the stray kitty, and I had to take a picture. Venus and the moon. We are lucky to live in a place with low light pollution where we can see the beautiful night sky – when it isn’t obscured by clouds. I’ve always enjoyed stargazing, although I’m not much good at pointing out the constellations. When we lived way up north years ago, we could see the Milky Way from our backyard on occasion. And seeing the Northern Lights never lost its appeal.

14Feb27Quilt Done! Just making the label tonight and sewing it on. I know, it looks weird and choppy. There are a lot of things I would do differently if I were to do it all over again. I took a gamble on the layout and the colours and it didn’t really pay off this time. I’ll know better for next time. But I’m still giving it away. I was talking with a local quilter a few days ago who said as soon as she makes another quilt, it goes into the closet with the rest of them because she doesn’t think they’re good enough to give away. I thought “What’s the point in that?” Even an ugly quilt will keep someone warm.

14Feb27Quilt2 This is 50 inches square (at least I’m getting more accurate with my piecing and my seams!) and was made as a lap quilt for the husband of a friend who is being treated for cancer. I can’t even give it to him in person because he’s in another city for his treatments, but I’m hoping that his wife will be able to take it to him. His birthday is next week.He loves sailing, in case you couldn’t tell by the mariners stars, the sailboats, the starfish and the other fish.

There’s a New Moon at 10 Pisces in the wee hours of March 1. Have you ever tested that saying that if March comes in like a lion, it will go out like a lamb? I have. I usually mark it down in my garden diary (old fashioned blog), and what I’ve found is that March usually comes in like a lion and it goes out the same way! Pisces is normally known for its introspection and sometimes for day dreaming while surrounded by a pleasant fog. Pisces is also known for its charitable nature. The New Moon will be joined by Jupiter in a favourable aspect. Whatever Jupiter does, it’s always big. And it’s usually quite merry. Everyone with planets in Pisces, Cancer and Scorpio should feel it’s pleasant effects on Monday. If you have big quilt plans that have been going nowhere, Monday will be the perfect day to put them into motion.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment