Monday, February 17, 2014

Adrift at Sea

14Feb17front No, not really adrift. I began quilting my Chaos Under the Heavens this morning, using a nice variegated YLI cotton. Didn’t get too far before I had to pack up and go to work. I know the colours and the pieces look kind of wonky, but I’m not ready to give up on it yet. I started this sucker last March! I told you I’m slow.

14Feb17back I started off using RJR’s pattern Sailing By the Stars . As you can see, I’ve modified it a bit. Go here if you want to see lots more free RJR patterns.

The piece I had for the backing was too small, as I discovered when I unfolded it yesterday. Took me a couple of hours just to piece the backing together, but that’s done.

Should have been practising my FMQ more!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment