Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Rainy days and Wednesdays

12Nov21pines I am accumulating a growing pile of sewing that needs to be picked out. It just hasn’t been a good week for sewing. Too bad I can’t postpone Christmas! Today was just plain dreary. It began with rain, changing to snow, changing back to rain. Plop. Plop. Plop. Actually, I don’t mind the rain. It’s the sunshine that I miss.

12Nov21spirals My neighbour will be away for two weeks and she asked me to take care of Frankie, the stray cat, while she’s away. He’s still an outdoor cat. She’s tried to entice him into her house, but he’s not quite there yet. I feel terrible that he’s outside in this wintery mess. I feed him in the morning when it’s dark, and it’s usually dark again when I get home 12Nov21roses from work and go looking for him. I think it’s bothering me more than it’s bothering him.

I thought I was going to be able to post my November project for the Free Motion Quilting Challenge today, but the spirals that I sewed this morning were worse than my previous practice runs. I decided to practice some more before posting. As I was talking the FMQ foot off of my machine a little while 12Nov21sunflower later, I realized that the setting was too low for what I was trying to do. I remember lowering it some time ago, but I can’t remember what for. The improper height may have something to do with why some of my stitches aren’t coming out looking right. As I was doing my spirals this morning, I was noticing how difficult it was to move the sample around under the needle. Next time, maybe I’ll think to check the height of the foot. And maybe tomorrow the sun will be back!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment