Monday, June 20, 2011

Best laid plans…

I’m trying something new tonight – I’m using Windows Live Writer to create and post my blog. Fingers crossed that it will turn out well and not eat everything I’ve ever posted here. I just couldn’t live with Blogger’s templates anymore. My posts never came out looking like they were supposed to and it was frustrating. So, here’s hoping.

11June20ginger In my last post, I promised a surprise. Well… The surprise is, it didn’t come when it was supposed to. And it still hasn’t arrived. I bought a new sewing machine last week. Bought and paid for, but the store has to order them in because they don’t carry them in stock. I’ve been planning to buy a new machine since last year, but I was waiting for personal finances to get straightened around so I could start putting money aside for it. Hopefully they’ll order it soon and it will be here in the next few days.

Until then, I’m still sewing along with my little Janome 344 LE. It’s not a bad machine, it was just never meant for what I’m trying to do with it. My free motion is getting better. Still not good, but the front and back tension looks just about equal and my stitching is a bit more consistent than it used to be. I’m about a third of the way through the border on the lap quilt. I’m working on it tonight, but decided to take a break – my circles were starting to get sharp edges and I was forgetting how to make a five-pointed star.

11June20rodeo It was rodeo weekend here this past weekend. We didn’t have rodeos where I grew up back east. Never saw one until I moved out west and had to go attend one as part of my job. I didn’t like them. That was 26 years ago. I still wouldn’t go to them if it wasn’t job-related, but getting a good rodeo picture is a challenge, and I enjoy that. Some time over the last few years I’ve even come to enjoy the rodeos. Just a little bit.

Midsummer’s Eve is tomorrow, so make sure you stay up late to watch for fairies. Stand under the bridalwreath bush or check among the thyme – I’m told they like to play in there. Also known as the Summer Solstice, the Sun reaches it highest position in the sky for the entire year and we have the longest day of the year. After that, I’m afraid we’re heading back to winter! The Sun enters the sign of Capricorn tomorrow (the 21st) around 10:20 am here in British Columbia. It has nothing to do with the Solstice, but Mars has just entered into Gemini and knocks into high gear all the things associated with Gemini – communication, short distance travel (vacation, anyone?), and brothers and sisters.

Well, back to quilting. Happy fairy spotting!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment