Sunday, May 15, 2011

Out it goes

Ginger still loves to be in physical contact with her brother, Rusty
So much for my free motion quilting. I had my lap quilt over 2/3 done but I just wasn't loving it, and I had the usual tension problems in my stitching whenever I change directions. I always listen to  that little voice in the back of my head, and the voice told me to take it all out. I'll try another design - probably back to my boring old stippling which, at least, I'm usually sort of good at.

The Bartlett Pear in our backyard is in full bloom
On the plus side, I got to experiment with a new pattern. Maybe someday soon I'll try it again.

The weather was nice last week, so I spent most of my free time out in the yard. There's so much to do and so little time to do it, in between work and good weather. I tore up the front lawn in 2008 because I couldn't stand it anymore - it was on a slope so I struggled each week to cut it, and it was full of weeds. The little sidewalk was crooked and twisted and the handmade retaining wall along the driveway was impossible to maintain. Anyway, three years later and I'm still working on it. It's much too long a story to recount here, but I'm getting it done my own way.

There's a Full Moon coming up Tues., May 17 at 26 Scorpio. Joint finances will come to a head so address those issues before Tuesday when they're likely to explode into a huge issue. Mercury, Venus and Mars are in the beginnings of Taurus so watch that spending on pretty pieces of artwork and home decorations. I'm not saying that spending on those things is bad, just stick to your budget.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment