Sunday, September 30, 2012

I’m in an orange frame of mind

12Sept30 It must be because I have an October birthday, but my favourite holiday has always been Hallowe’en. Walking along the sidewalk in my costume with my dad, clutching my pillowcase with the night’s haul in it, dead leaves crunching under my shoes, running up another set of uneven porch stairs to another old wooden porch in our neighbourhood; beating my fist on the door while standing under the porch light that was always surrounded by a cloud of fluttering moths, and screaming at the top of my lungs: “Trick or Tree-eet!” Then later, on our way back home, the smell of decaying leaves mixed with charred pumpkin.

I couldn’t resist these lovely fabrics yesterday while we were shopping in Kamloops. They wanted to come home with me and I couldn’t say “no”. I just adore this beautiful Spooktacular fabric from Henry Glass. That orange just gets my imagination going overtime. And it was 70 per cent off, so I have two and a half meters to play with! And some lovely remnants and fat quarters to go with it. Now if I could just get to my sewing machine! It’s currently being occupied by a skookum big quilt. I’m making headway on the quilt, but it’s going to be at least another week before I can get it off of my machine. Until then, I can’t do much else except admire by beautiful Hallowe’en fabric. And that gorgeous Full Moon outside. Can’t wait to see October’s Harvest Moon!

Until then,

No comments:

Post a Comment