Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A peek at the Fair

12Sept12FFa My schedule at work has changed, this past week, and boy am I mixed up. It’s thrown everyone in my office for a loop.I have a weekly deadline, which has been more or less the same for the past 10 years. Last week’s change in timing was major and now everyone's struggling to adjust. It’ll take a little while, but we’ll do it. It’s a good change and means that I’ll be working only 12Sept12FFb five days per week now, instead of seven. What am I going to do with all of this free time?

Our annual Fall Fair was held last week, and that means quilts! Once again I was expecting to have something entered for judging, and once again I didn’t get anything finished in time.Happily, this was not the case for everyone and there were some really cute quilts entered.The pictures in this post are all from the Fair (and none of them are mine!)/

12Sept12FFc

12Sept12FFd

12Sept12FFe

12Sept12FFf

12Sept12FFg

12Sept12FFh

12Sept12FFi

12Sept12FFj I know some of the quilters, but the name on the entry card remains covered unless they win a ribbon. I guess it’s supposed to protect the feelings of the ones who didn’t win, but I think they’re all winners and I’d love to know all of their names.

I haven’t started quilting Plan B yet; and the latest bag is still waiting for handles. Once I get my new schedule sorted out, maybe my projects will get finished faster. But right now there’s lots of yardwork to finish up while we still have some decent weather.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment