Monday, July 23, 2012

Fabric!

12July23Hamels And, of course, the other thing about the Lillooet Quilt Show was the fabric vendors! Heather's Quilt Shelf from nearby Kamloops was there, as well as Hamels Fabrics from Chilliwack. I can’t resist! I picked up a few things. Especially Fat Quarters and remnants.

12July23Fat I picked up a few things from Hamels – a selection of Asian and Civil War prints (those go together, right?) that I thought would look really neat on some future bags. I have other prints already that I think will look super combined with these.

I also bought a pack of Scribbles Monsters II fat quarters because I love Hallowe’en. Love the orange and black, love the pumpkins and the kitties, the witches and the ghosties… Don’t know if I’ll ever get around to making a Halloween quilt, but if I do, I’ll have the material!

And then, of course, I bought some … I think they’re “charm”-sized scraps of blues and maroons, purples, Fall colours, 12July23Boo swirlies, etc. – just because I liked them and they were a really good price (I thought). They’ll be used for scrappy projects, and they’ll look good!

There was a lovely quilt that I didn’t show yesterday. It was a broadcloth, and exquisitely hand-quilted. But it was displayed on a frame in front of the main window in the church, with the sunlight pouring in through the quilt, washing out 12July23stuff the detail. I couldn’t take a decent picture of it. Couldn’t even see it well enough (with all of that backlight) to describe it. I’m sure the event organizers meant to  highlight it, but it was poorly displayed. I’m sorry, but I didn’t even get the information off of it. Oh well.

Other than that one little thing, I enjoyed the show immensely and hope to see it again next year. I know I’ll find a use for the lovely fabric that I rescued!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment