Well, I hammered my needle plate back together and I ordered a new one. It hasn’t arrived yet, but the old one is working satisfactorily for now. Even did some FMQing with it. That’s a thing about living in a small town – the resources, like repair shops, aren’t there so you learn how to do things yourself!
So I finished the Farmers Market Tote. One down, three to go. I’m hoping to make some to sell at our Farmers Market in May – did I tell you that already? I really like this pattern. It’s simple but stylish. And it’s big – it uses a lot of fabric! So use something inexpensive. The feature fabric – Moda’s “Odds and Ends” - was on sale for $3 per meter, the straps and outside pocket are canvas which was about $5 per metre, and so was the muslin which I used for the inside of the bag. The green fabric on the bottom came from the thrift store, so it was real cheap!
I used some of the sewing machine’s fancy stitches on the handle. Doesn’t cost anything, but it makes it look a little bit “special”! I wanted to silk screen the market logo on the pocket, but I don’t have everything I need for it. So I used a t-shirt transfer sheet that I printed on my inkjet. It worked well, though I don’t care for that shiny bit that makes up an iron-on transfer. Still, it doesn’t look bad, but I am working at getting the stuff or silk screening together. I have soooo much “stuff” for all sorts of crafts, but there’s always just one more thing that you need.
Until next time,