Saturday, April 27, 2013

Draped in stars

13Apr25stars I need to make more of an effort to post. I won’t post without a picture, and I haven’t been getting much sewing in lately to take pictures of – the reason for that mostly being that it’s yardwork season. And the weeds are growing very nicely, thank you.

As well, we’re doing some pricey renovations on the house this year – furnace, windows, and renos to the deck, I had a fella lined up to put in some pavers, too, but it’s been weeks since I last heard from him. And we’re finally having the fireplace in the living room removed. I love fireplaces, but this one was built by someone who really didn’t know what they were doing and it’s been causing other issues for us.

Anyway, enough talk about the money pit. This morning I was planning this year’s vegetable garden. Six varieties of tomatoes, four varieties of bush beans, two types of peas and another two of carrots… I’m still experimenting to see which ones we like best. With a little more forethought than last year, maybe I’ll get them all planted before the end of May this year!

I haven’t been totally away from the sewing machine. That’ll never happen! As you can see by the photo above, Her Majesty Queen Ginger is showing you that 13Apr25bag I’ve added a bit more to my Galaxy Stars. This is as wide as I’m going to make it, so now I know how many rows I have left to go.

And I went searching for the strap that I sewed inside the clutch I just made. Turned it inside out again and unstitched the strap (that I had sewn down REALLY well so that it wouldn’t come loose!), turned it around and sewed it back on again. It really annoys me when things are done wrong. If they can be fixed without giving up my life, then I’ll do it. I like the way it went together, and I like the size of it. I like the strap, too! I definitely have plans to make more of these. Oh, and it you aren’t familiar with a layer cake, its measurement is 10 inches by 10 inches.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment