Saturday, January 3, 2015

Snow Angel

15Jan3angel Don’t get excited. Just because I’ve blogged three days in a row doesn’t mean it’s going to go on for much longer. Today was a Snow Day and we all know that Snow Days are best spent sewing! And did we ever get snow. Actually, we got it yesterday. The skies opened up around lunch time and dumped about 4 inches of snow in a couple of hours. Today strong winds all day blew it all around, making it seem like another Snow Day.

I finished off this gal from The Buggy Barn’s Angels Among Us. It used to be a free pattern at the Henry Glass website, but it was taken down a while back and I haven’t seen it since. I grabbed a copy of it while it was there. This is a paper pieced pattern. There is another Buggy Barn pattern by the same name, but it is totally different. Anyway, I think I’ll be making more15Jan3house of these blocks for late  Christmas presents. It’s great to get an unexpected post-Christmas present, isn’t it?

Since I was more or less stuck in the house (if you don’t count shovelling out the 12-inch snow drifts in the driveway and visiting my next door neighbour), I also made this “Simple House” 6-inch block from Forest Quilting site. They have some really nice 15Jan3zion free paper piecing patterns. I’ve already shown you the stars. It’s all part of a bigger plan.

I admit, freshly falling snow can be beautiful. I just object to having to drive in it and since I live in one town and work in another, I have to drive through a lot of snow. You get over it or you move to Mexico. Here’s a picture I took yesterday after it started snowing. Hope everyone is staying warm and dry tonight.

Until next time,

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty little church. Everything looks better with snow, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete